Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Decisions Decisions

I had always been taught that making a decision and sticking to it showed conviction. For me that word is very imprisoning. It makes me think of being locked into something, and ultimately being unable to get out of it. For a long time I had difficulty making decisions. I was afraid to make the wrong one and since I had the belief that I only got one crack at the bat, I knew I had better think long and hard before making it. Like most of the perceptions I brought with me into recovery, I've come to see this one as being false.

I now make decisions based on the facts as I know them today. If those facts or circumstances change, then so might my decision. I am empowered by the knowledge that its my decision, and I can change it if I need to.

No comments: