Thursday, November 02, 2006

Acceptance

It occurred to me this morning that when I have difficulty accepting a situation in my life, it is because I have not accepted that the only solution is to accept it. This may be obvious to you, but when I'm in the thick of it, well... I become a little thick. It actually helps me to think of acceptance in stages or piecemeal if you like.

Right now I'm dealing with a situation where I don't like what's going on. I have not yet accepted that the situation is exactly as it is supposed to be at this moment, but I am however, starting to accept that accepting it is the only road to peace of mind. Everything has a process or stages or pieces. Smaller bites are sometimes easier to swallow and for now I'll have to continue nibbling away at acceptance, one bite at a time.

No comments: