Sunday, June 25, 2006

On My Own, But Not Alone

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned the phrase, "On my own, but not alone", in reference to how important it is for me to remember than my Higher Power is always with me, and that I am never truly alone. I'm having a little bit of trouble with that lately. Quite frankly I feel all alone, and I'm tired of doing all this landscaping work on my own. I can't seem to access that sense of satisfaction that used to come when I was able to do something that was very difficult. Now I'm just angry that I have to do it. At one point I stopped working in the garden (I'm laying patio stones now), and asked my Higher Power to send me some help. Of course I had to qualify the request at the end and put some specifics on who He could send, and when He could send them. Instead of asking for help I should be telling Him that I am grateful, not just for my sobriety, but for everything. When was the last time I said, "Thank You"?

No comments: