Thursday, December 28, 2006

More Favorite Quotes

1. If you don't call your sponsor, then you don't have a sponsor.
2. The problem with isolating is that you get such bad advice.
3. It's really hard for God to guide you if you keep running out ahead of Him.
4. People who don't go to meetings aren't there to see what happens to people who don't go to meetings.
5. Stinking thinking leads to drinking.
6. You don't get drunk by making mistakes. You get drunk by defending them.
7. Switching from one compulsion to another is like switching seats on the Titanic.

3 comments:

Julie said...

These are really great!!!

Laura Brown said...

Beautiful photo. :)

Unknown said...

Salvation is always the ending of the minds fascinated identification with the dead and unchanging image of what it was. It is the complete reversal of the
"natural" order of things a METANOIA - the Greek word for repentance, meaning precisely a turning around of the mind, so that it no longer faces into the past, the land of the shadow of death, but into the Eternal Present.
So long as the mind is captivated by memory, and really feels itself to be that past image which is "I" it can do nothing to save itself; it's sacrifices are of no avail, and it's Law gives no life.
After years of therapy, I had a metamorphosis - I asked Jesus to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. He delivered me from my inequities. Praise the Lord!!