Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Forget-Me-Not

The other night I opened the door to the first floor hallway and was mystified to see what appeared to be a fog floating through the air. I called a frend and we discussed possible causes. Finally she asked me, "Do you think it could it be your furnace filter?" I sat there for a minute and thought, "furnace filter... what's a furnace filter"? I mean really, it was like I was totally clued out. Back downstairs I checked the filter and confirmed that this was definitely the culprit. It was so dirty that it looked as though it had been in there since the beginning of time (or more precisely since October). The dust was actually being pushed back up out of the vents. It took less than 15 minutes to dash off to Canadian Tire and return with a new filter which I promptly installed.

Now, I've lived in this house for twenty years and have changed a lot filters in that time. I can't explain how this monthly routine skipped my mind, nor am I sure what lesson I've learned from it all. I can only say this,

"if you're inside your house and you've got fog, you might actually be in one!"

15 comments:

Unknown said...

To get free Laptops, Ipods and the XBox 360 visit www.Giveaway24.de.vu please!

Scott W said...

Is that dangerous? It sounds like it would be. I put stuff like that on my calendar cos my short term memory is kaput.

ArahMan7 said...

Better not your memory be kaput. I got short memory too. It has become a habit putting up messages, on the fridge, my room's whiteboard, computer and my wife love it. Finding my messages has become her routine. Beside things to do, I shall write up poems, quotes or anything, and I shall paste it all over the house. On better days, I could hear her laughing her heart out whenever she finds my notes. It's music to my ears.

By the way, what's a furnace filter?

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hello Mary Anne! Nice to meet you! I've only jyst discovered you thanks to the top 100 sober blogs listings. Anyway, jus thought I'd say hello and that I've loved the bits I've read of your blog. i loved the quotes, as I hadn't heard some of them, and I hte missing out on anything! Anyway, good to see you and all that! nice to see you posting!

jake said...

"if you're inside your house and you've got fog, you might actually be in one!" I'D SAY THAT THAT'S QUITE AN INFERENCE BUT NEVERTHELESS ITS PROBABLY TRUE...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE POST AND THE INSIGHT.

RL said...

Hi

I like to exchange blog link with you

If agreeable , pls add a link to me and let me know

I will link back

Rgds
RL
My Lounge
stamfordraffles@gmail.com

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for the reminder to change my furnace filter! That is one of the homeowner tasks that I dislike and I don't know why. Also thanks for the kind comment on my blog!

CAIM Treatment said...

hi we are new to blogging . We are running a centre in India . Please check out .

Scott M. Frey said...

lol that's kinda funny... I mean not that ya had a fog of dust in yer home, just the whole thing the way it played out... lol

Rex said...

ahhahaha....I have been in that fog before. Now we have a filter that you just wash and put back in.

Shannon said...

LOL I am glad you got the fog to clear :)

lushgurl said...

That is too funny...I am always in a bit of a fog, but it is starting to clear today!!
Oh and thanks for the reminder, gotta go change my furnace filter!!!

Sober @ Sundown said...

Funny post!

I took my filters out a while back. I have to clean them and reinstall them some day. I wish that could explain my fog.

John said...

This article was really helpful, thanks for posting it. When I needed help with
drug interventionist I knew that there was help that I could find.

Real Estates in Chennai said...

Your article is very helpful thank you very much for sharing .