Thursday, June 15, 2006

Reaching Up, Then Out

Today was one of those days that started out fairly unassuming with nothing much on the agenda. There was little indication when I tumbled out of bed, that I'd be closing out the day typing an entry on my first blog, especially since blogging is not something that I've previously considered. Not a huge accomplishment some might say, but this accomplishment lies in the doing of something new, of moving forward, of taking that first step. Like all the previous steps I've taken since coming into recovery ten years ago, I slip my hand into the hand of my higher power and together we go where I would not have thought of going on my own. Is this simply an exercise in sharing my thoughts and in turn, listening to yours? No, though I cant get enough practice with that. This is about taking a step towards my dreams, and doing so by reaching upwards first, and then outwards.

No comments: