Sunday, June 18, 2006

Reality

Its not always the easiest thing for me to see my reality exactly as it is, without it being clouded by denial, or pity, or fancy. My reality is made up of many pieces just like a jigsaw puzzle. In some areas I can see how it all fits together, in others I have absolutely no idea which piece goes where. When I finally see my truth (for that is what reality is for me - the truth), the next step is to accept it. When I accept my reality for what it is, I am free from whatever (emotion/issue) was obscuring the view.

Last night I was dismantling a deck in my backyard with a crowbar and a sledgehammer. It was hot and dirty work, and instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment, I found myself sliding into the pity pot. Sometimes when I do things that are hard and frustrating, I feel resentment that I don't have anyone to help me. The reality of the situation is that I have made choices that place me in a position where I have to do things on my own. Being on my own is not equal to being alone. My Higher Power is always there cheering me on. When I remember this I spend less time feeling sorry for myself and more time being grateful that I have been given the strength and ability to do what needs to be done. That, is reality.

No comments: